Dear Colleagues and Friends,
on behalf of the international Advisory Board, the Scientific Committee and the organizing Committee it is our great pleasure to cordially invite you, together with accompanying persons, to attend the anniversary 40th Solid Mechanics Conference SOLMECH 2016, scheduled for August 29 7 September 2 2016 in Warsaw, Poland. We pay much attention to keep traditionally high scientific standard of the SOLMECH conferences and We count on your contribution in our efforts organize a successful meeting.
At the same time we are doing our pest to create the possibility for exchange of ideas and research information in a pleasant and friendly atmosphere accompanied by the Chopin music in his birthplace Żelazowa Wola.
The information on the Conference is given on the conference webpage.
We lookforward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Yours sincerely,
The series of Solid Mechanics Conferences have been organized by the Institute of Fundamental Technological Research since 1953. The conferences have maintained high scientific standard and served as a forum for exchange of ideas and research information. Traditionally a set of invited lectures have been presented at the Conferences by outstanding researchers. The aim of the Conference is to bring together the researches from different countries and to create them the possibilities for the presentation of scientific results from a wide area of solid mechanics, including the topics:
- computational aspects of mechanics,
- continuum mechanics, elasticity and plasticity,
- coupled problems and field theories of solids,
- dynamics of solids and structures,
- experimental mechanics,
- fracture, damage and fatigue,
- interfaces, thin layers and contact mechanics,
- mechanics of composites, porous and cellular materials,
- micromechanics and thermodynamics of materials,
- nonlinear and stochastic dynamics,
- optimization, sensitivity and realiability analysis,
- phase transitions and microstructures,
- smart materials and structures,
- structural mechanics.